A Sous Chef is required for this quaint country pub situated within a charming town in a beautiful area of Derbyshire.
The Gastro Pub has won 2AA Rosettes and is traditionally designed with cosy soft furnishings and roaring fires which creates a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for all guests.
The kitchen is expertly run by a Michelin Star Head Chef, who nurtures his brigade and handles his kitchen in a calm and professional manner.
All of their produce is sourced locally from excellent suppliers, and you will be in the perfect environment to hone your skills.
The kitchen is bright and airy and has all the most modern equipment.
The gastro pub has an excellent reputation and can offer a dedicated team member the opportunity for further career development.
As Sous Chef you will:
- Assist the Head Chef in managing and leading a professional brigade and run the kitchen in his absence
- Have input on the fantastic menus
- Be able to lead by example to ensure consistency is filtered throughout the team
- Have a firm but fair management approach as the restaurant needs a talented and professional Sous Chef to ensure the high expectations are met
- Be responsible for assisting in overseeing all aspects of this busy kitchen operation
- Ensure ongoing training and development is offered to all members of the team
- Have solid man management and kitchen management
If you are a talented Sous Chef looking for a challenging role where you can help to push this kitchen forward, then this could be the role for you.
Staff accommodation is available.